Sunday, December 23, 2007

All ready for Christmas

Christmas Kitty

I can't believe it has been a week since I last wrote something. We've been busy getting ready for Christmas. I finished the last of my shopping for Jill at Von Maur on Thursday when I met my buddy Mark for lunch at Yorktown Mall.  Friday I ran over to Keir and Lori's at 8:30 to watch the girls while KeIMG_3576ir and Lori went to the doctor for Keir's follow-up visit after the sledding accident. (A Wild Day) I had a blast - we stayed up in the playroom for the whole hour.

After I came home we wrapped gifts for about four hours. (And we aren't that slow at wrapping). After that we ran to Trader Joe's for some wine and a few other things.  When I got up in the morning my left leg hurt a bit but I didn't think too much about it.  By Saturday morning it was hurting a lot and I had a fluttery sensation in my thigh.  I went to the doctor and he said it was acute sciatica - this is inflammation of the sciatic nerve which runs all the way down your leg.  He ordered x-rays of my back and tried to get me in for an MRI.  Unfortunately all of the nearby MRI places are already closed until December 26th.  I've got some pills which I've been taking since yesterday afternoon but I'm pretty disappointed with them.  Lots of pain and not much improvement - hoping things get a little better today.

We ordered a lot of gifts on line this year, maybe even more than last year. Ironically the last gift to arrive (yesterday) didn't make it in good shape.IMG_3591

 

 

 

It was very warm yesterday with a lot of fog. Last night our friends Jack and Jeanie (from Houston) came over. We had a nice lasagna dinner and a great visit.  They were here from 5:00 until about 12:30. This morning it is cold and it is snowing out.

No comments: